Permanent Residence

Permanent Residence

A Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e., a Green Card holder) is permitted to legally live and work in the U.S. permanently. A Green Card holder can eventually apply for U.S. Citizenship. There are several ways to obtain Lawful Permanent Residence in the U.S. The three main ways are through:

Speak to an Attorney About Applying for Lawful Permanent Residence

If you would like to pursue a green card, we invite you to contact us for a consultation. Based in San Mateo, California, the Alagiri Immigration Law Firm provides immigration services throughout the San Francisco Bay area and worldwide. We look forward to helping you meet your immigration goals.

Family-Based U.S. Green Cards

Individuals may immigrate to the U.S. based on a relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Spouses, parents, and unmarried children (under 21 years old) of U.S. citizens can qualify for a green card as an immediate relative. The im… Read More

K-1 Visa for Fiancés

The K-1 visa, commonly known as the fiance visa, permits a foreign fiancé of a U.S. Citizen to travel to the U.S. to marry the U.S. Citizen. The marriage must take place within 90 days after the foreign fiancé (or fiancée for women) arrives in the… Read More

Employment-Based U.S. Green Cards

Approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants every fiscal year.   These immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories.   First Preference (EB1): EB1 applicants include: persons of… Read More

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.