Other Services

The Alagiri Immigration Law Firm successfully handles a wide variety of additional immigration cases. Some of them include:

Extension or Change of Status applications

We assist individuals who either want to extend their current visa status or change their current visa status to another one. The extension of status or change of status request must occur before the current period of authorized stay expires.

us permanent residency

Renewal of US Permanent Residency Cards

We handle applications to either renew or replace a US permanent residency card (i.e., Green Card).


We handle Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) applications. Certain people who came to the U.S. as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. DACA, however, may soon be unavailable. If you would like to apply for DACA or renew your DACA application, be sure to contact us to discuss its current status.

You may request DACA if you:

  • Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  • Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
  • Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Anyone requesting DACA must have been under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15 years or older to request DACA, unless you are currently in removal proceedings or have a final removal or voluntary departure order.

Application for a Reentry Permit

A Reentry Permit allows a lawful permanent resident  (i.e., green card holders) to re-enter the U.S. after an extended stay abroad. You must be in the U.S. when you apply for the Reentry Permit, and the Permit is valid for 2 years.

Application for a Refugee Travel Document

A Refugee Travel Document is issued to an individual in valid refugee or asylum status who wishes to travel outside the U.S. It typically takes the place of a passport, and permits the individual to reenter the U.S.

Advance Parole Travel Document

Advance Parole Documents are issued to individuals in a number of circumstances. For example, Advance Parole Documents are issued to individuals with pending adjustment of status (i.e., green card) applications so that they may travel abroad temporarily for humanitarian or public benefit reasons, which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons. An Advance Parole Document may also be granted to DACA recipients who are traveling outside the U.S. for educational, employment, or humanitarian purposes and may also be issued to individuals with Temporary Protected Status (TPS). Advance Parole also may be granted to individuals outside the U.S. who need to temporarily enter the U.S. for urgent humanitarian or public benefit reasons.

Application to Remove Conditions on Residence for Conditional Green Card holders

We handle applications to Remove Conditions on Residence for Conditional Green Card holders. Conditional Green Card holders are those who receive two-year green cards through marriage to a U.S. Citizen when the marriage is less than two years old. They must apply to remove the conditions on their green card in order to become us permanent residency green card holders.

Application for a Work Permit (i.e., an EAD card)

We handle applications for a work permit (i.e., an EAD card) for those immigrants who are eligible to work in the U.S.

Speak to an Attorney

We can assist with the above types of applications and many more. If you have any questions about immigration or visas, we invite you to contact us for a consultation. Based in San Mateo, California, the Alagiri Immigration Law Firm provides immigration services throughout the San Francisco Bay area and worldwide. We look forward to discussing your case with you.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.