Immigration Services

The Alagiri Immigration Law Firm successfully handles a wide range of immigration matters, including work visa, permanent resident, U.S. Citizenship, and many other types of applications.

We invite you to contact us. We serve clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, United States and around the world. We look forward to helping you meet your immigration goals.

US Citizenship

A lawful permanent resident can become a U.S. citizen through a process called naturalization. The following are the main categories of individuals who qualify for naturalization under certain situations: Lawful permanent residents who have lived in… Read More

Permanent Residence

A Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e., a Green Card holder) is permitted to legally live and work in the U.S. permanently. A Green Card holder can eventually apply for U.S. Citizenship. There are several ways to obtain Lawful Permanent Residence in the U… Read More

Family-Based U.S. Green Cards

Individuals may immigrate to the U.S. based on a relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Spouses, parents, and unmarried children (under 21 years old) of U.S. citizens can qualify for a green card as an immediate relative. The im… Read More

K-1 Visa for Fiancés

The K-1 visa, commonly known as the fiance visa, permits a foreign fiancé of a U.S. Citizen to travel to the U.S. to marry the U.S. Citizen. The marriage must take place within 90 days after the foreign fiancé (or fiancée for women) arrives in the… Read More

Employment-Based U.S. Green Cards

Approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants every fiscal year.   These immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories.   First Preference (EB1): EB1 applicants include: persons of… Read More

Work Visas

Work Visas Work visas are non-immigrant visas which permit individuals to work in the U.S. on a temporary basis. Some work visas can lead to lawful permanent residence (i.e., a green card). We handle work visa applications for a range of companies, from startup… Read More

H1B Visa for Specialty Occupations

The H-1B visa is a U.S. work permit allowing U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. A “specialty occupation” includes, but is not limited to, accounting, arts, architecture, biotechnology, business specialt… Read More

L1 Visa for Employees

An L1 visa is granted to foreign workers who are entering the U.S. to work for the same employer that he or she had worked for in his or her home country, its affiliate or subsidiary. The foreign worker must have been employed for one year of the pas… Read More

O1 Visa for Extraordinary Ability

The O1 visa is a non-immigrant work visa granted to individuals who have extraordinary ability in their chosen profession. The O-1 visa holder must work in the area of his or her extraordinary ability. The level of extraordinary ability that must be… Read More

TN Visa for NAFTA Professionals

A TN visa is granted specifically to Canadian and Mexican citizens who are coming to the U.S. to engage in professional activities. A “professional activity” is defined by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as requiring “at least a… Read More


For those looking to claim asylum in the United States, we can help. Here is some general information about applying for asylum in the United States: who can benefit, how to apply and how to get help with your application. To claim asylum, there are… Read More

Victims of Crimes

The U.S. immigration law provides several forms of protection to immigrants who have been the victims of certain crimes.  The immigrant population is particularly vulnerable to crimes, such as human trafficking, domestic violence and child abuse. S… Read More

U Visa for Crime Victims

The U visa is available to immigrants who have been the victims of certain types of serious crimes. The U visa permits the victim to legally live and work in the U.S. and to apply for permanent residence (i.e., a “green card”). The U visa is als… Read More

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Green Card

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) permits immigrant victims of domestic violence to apply for lawful permanent residence (i.e., a green card) on their own (i.e., self-petition). Immigrant victims of domestic violence may remain in abusive relatio… Read More

T Visa for Human Trafficking Victims

The T visa is a Visa for Human Trafficking Victims available to foreign citizens who have been the victims of human trafficking. Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, where the victim is controlled and held captive by the trafficker and… Read More

Other Services

The Alagiri Immigration Law Firm successfully handles a wide variety of additional immigration cases. Some of them include: Extension or Change of Status applications We assist individuals who either want to extend their current visa status or change… Read More

Based in San Mateo, California, the Alagiri Immigration Law Firm provides immigration law services to the San Francisco Peninsula — including South San Francisco, Daly City, Redwood City, Foster City, Belmont, Burlingame, Millbrae, San Bruno, Menlo Park and San Carlos — as well as throughout the San Francisco Bay area and the world.

Contact the Alagiri Immigration Law Firm.


We have known Priya Alagiri for over three years now since applying for our green card under EB2 category and subsequent H1B extensions. We have found her to be extremely thorough in her work and a consummate professional. She is very accessible and highly prompt in replying to our questions and concerns via email as well as on the phone. I would definitely recommend her expertise for all immigration related legal matters. ”
– Sejal S.

Read More From Our Clients

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.