A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Can I Change My Visa Status in the Us?

Can a non-US citizen with a visa that doesn’t allow employment apply for a work visa without leaving the country?

According to the USICS, if you want to change visa status in the US, you (or in some cases your employer) must file for a change of status with USCIS before your authorized stay expires.

If you have any further questions about changing your visa status or other immigration topics, please feel free to contact us and we can help you out.