A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Can I leave the US without AP or H1B while my I-485 is pending?

If you do not have a visa, then you would need the Advance Parole document to re-enter the U.S. You must have the AP granted prior to departing the U.S. If not, then you may not be permitted to re-enter (without otherwise obtaining some type of visa). Also, if you depart the U.S. without the AP, then your I-485 application may be deemed abandoned.