A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

My Us Visa Says "Visa R Type/Class b1 b2" - How Long Can I Stay?

The US Visa in my passport says: “Visa – R” and “Type/Class – B1/B2”. How long am I allowed to stay in US on business for?

People often ask what is the length of stay for the b1/b2 visa. When you arrive in the U.S., immigration officials will indicate on your passport and Form I-94 how long you can stay in the U.S. Be sure not to stay beyond the date indicated. Typically, B1/B2 visa holders can stay up to 6 months.

Your entries and stays will be recorded by the Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry on your form I-94.

The B1/B2 visitor visa is for people who are are entering the US temporarily for pleasure or business. Business can include attending a professional convention, participating in short-term training, meeting with US-based partners or giving a lecture or paid speech.

If you have any further questions about B1/B2 visas, or you need assistance with any employment-based immigration, please feel free to contact us and we can help you out.